Re: [Orgmode] firefox urls

From: Daniel M German
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] firefox urls
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 15:48:44 -0700

 Daniel> Hi John,

 Daniel> I gave it a try (mozilla, ubuntu). The main challenge is that at some
 Daniel> point a MTA messed the elisp, so I had to figure out hoe to fix
 Daniel> it. Would you mind placing it somewhere where it can be downloaded or
 Daniel> sending it as an attachment?

 Daniel> I got everything to work, except that the link that it is passed to
 Daniel> remember contains a %3A instead of :: (i.e. http%3A//slashdot.org/)

Here is a small patch that fixes this problem:

Use
             (url (url-unhex-string (car splitparts)))

intead of:

             (url (car splitparts))

That will properly unhex all the url. Once I did that URLs are working
very well. it is an amazingly simple set of tools but it works
great. Now I can easily keep bookmarks and selected text in an org
file. It is already one of my can't-live-without pieces of software.

I'll wait for you to release the "new" version of the module.

Thanks again John.

Daniel M. German
http://turingmachine.org/
http://silvernegative.com/