[Orgmode] Re: Customizing HTML Export

From: Peter Jones
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Customizing HTML Export
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 16:42:25 -0600

address@hidden (Joel J. Adamson) writes:
> I want you to know that LaTeX is worth it, in case you have yet to give
> it a fair shot.

I haven't given LaTex a fair shot yet, but it is the next technology
on my list of "things to learn".

What I'm doing right now is using the HTML export from org-mode as a
way to generate requirements outlines for my clients.  I then use a
CSS file that I've written that makes the HTML look very nice so that
I can export it to PDF.

I realize that LaTex is a better way to go to PDF, but I do have some
concerns:

 1. A lot of software and configuration needs to be in-place to use
    LaTex
 2. The default fonts used when converting LaTex to PDF are ugly, to
    say the least
 3. HTML and CSS is much more accessible to me right now

Joel, want to point me in the right direction for learning LaTex and
producing nice looking PDF documents?

--
Peter Jones, pmade inc.
http://pmade.com