[Orgmode] Re: .ics export violates RFC2445

From: Leo
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: .ics export violates RFC2445
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 19:38:29 +0100

On 2008-04-29 16:52 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
> A UID may be good.  However I think changing the UID when changing the
> entry would be bad, because this would exactly *disable*
> synchronization.
> To synchronize, you must know which entries to compare, and this is only
> possible with a persistent UID.
>
> I guess we could create one, but this UID would then have to be
> stored in the
> entry, as a property.  Exporting to ical again must then re-use the
> old uid each time.
>
> My org-id.el in the contrib directory allows already to create unique
> identifiers, and it would be easy enough to include the domain to
> make them truely
> unique, wordwide.
>
> However, right now I am hesitating to force a property drawer onto
> every entry
> that ever is exported to iCalendar.  But as an option, this might
> really be
> good and eventually allow true synchronization.

For people that don't have constant access to computer, syncing with
systems like google calendar seems extremely helpful.

So I really look forward to a clean solution on this matter. For
example, shall we divide the package into two: outliner and organiser?

Just a thought.

Best wishes,
--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .:  [ GPG Key: 9283AA3F ]  :.

        Use the better alternative -- http://www.openoffice.org/