[Orgmode] Re: processing pending emails as part of your GTD system

From: Erik Hetzner
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: processing pending emails as part of your GTD system
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:25:17 -0700

At Mon, 21 Apr 2008 07:55:13 +0100,
Pete Phillips <address@hidden> wrote:
> This post is slighly off-topic, as it is not directly about org-mode.
>
> As many of you on the list will know, I'm a big fan of David Allen's GTD
> system, and over the years I have tweaked my use of MH and MH-E to help
> support this use.
>
> One thing I have done is design a method so that I can easily put emails
> into a set of 'pending' mail folders, and then get cron to process these
> and dump the emails back into my +inbox at appropriate dates.
>
> […]

This is a neat trick. I’m giving it a try to help me keep my inbox as
empty as possible.

However, I use IMAP & Wanderlust. Attached is a quick Ruby script that
should provide similar functionality for any IMAP system, and some
cron entries to call it, for anybody who wants it. This works for me,
but I have commented out the lines in the script which actually delete
mail from one mailbox; I don’t want to be responsible for losing mail.

The mailboxes used by the cron entries are (a little different from
yours):

pending/tomorrow
pending/tonight
pending/nextweek