Re: [Orgmode] see subtrees in agenda

From: Daniel Goldin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] see subtrees in agenda
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 08:07:21 -0700

Well, I was thinking about using it more for tag matches -- like NEXT. But I am beginning to see how such a feature might make agenda commands grow in their output and defeat their purpose. For now, I think I can be more verbose. That little inconvenience is worth all the immense advantages of org-mode.

d.

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Manish <address@hidden> wrote:
 On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 8:48 PM, Daniel Goldin wrote:
 > Dear Manish,
 >
 > Not quite. Although these are very useful enhancements while I'm at the
 > computer, I was looking for something that I could publish -- so I could
 > carry around a hard copy showing contextual levels.
 >
 > For example
 >
 > * Let Jimmy know about annual picnic
 > ** NEXT Write letter to Jimmy                               @COMPUTER
 > ** NEXT Send it                                                    @ERRAND
 >
 > If when I look for all todo items matching NEXT, I'll see:
 >
 > ** Write letter
 > ** Send it
 >
 > Which when I publish doesn't tell me enough. Of course I could become more
 > verbose in my sub-level captions, but it would be better to see relevant
 > headlines and relevant sub-headlines.

 I see what you are saying.  That has been a minor annoyance for me
as well.  I have been trying to deal with this by being, like you
suggested, more verbose.  But I wonder if agenda should show items
that are not scheduled/meant for the day.  To test the idea I decided
to write up a small test plan and see what we would want the final
agenda to look like.

 ,----
           :@CALL:
                  :@CALL:
                         :@CALL:
                        :@CALL:
                        :@CALL:
 |       DEADLINE: <2008-04-23 Wed>
 `----

How would you like the agenda to show up on, say, the 24th?

-- Manish

--
Daniel Goldin
626-795-9526