Re: [Orgmode] property searches and numerical values

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] property searches and numerical values
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 08:54:07 +0200

Hi Dan,

general comparison operators for properties should have been implemented a long time ago, thanks for bring this up.  This is now available in the GIT repository and will be part of the upcoming 6.02 release - thanks for raising this point.

Unfortunately there are no good examples for true custom searches available.  Some of this is described in the manual.  Basically, you need to use a general search to pre-select some entries, for example a tags/property search with the criterion "LEVEL>=2" (this already uses the new operators, so in order to do this, make sure you have the latest devellopment version...).  Then you need to write a function that will decide if the entry at point should really be included, and if not, where to continue the search.  A short description of this with a small example can be found here:

HTH

- Carsten