Re: [Orgmode] org-mode-abbrevs-table and text-mode-abbrevs-table

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-mode-abbrevs-table and text-mode-abbrevs-table
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 07:15:23 +0200

On Apr 17, 2008, at 6:32 PM, Seweryn Kokot wrote:
Hello,

I would like to have the same abbrevs in org-mode and text-mode.
I defined text-mode-abbrev-table, but the abbrevs are invisible in org-mode. I
know that message-mode inherits abbrevs from text-mode and it would be nice to
have the same behaviour for org-mode. Any idea how to solve the problem?

Best regards.
Seweryn Kokot

Hi Seweryn,

this would be

(add-hook 'org-mode-hook
  (lambda () (setq local-abbrev-table text-mode-abbrev-table)))

This could be done by default, but people use Org for so many
different things that I do not want to impose this.

- Carsten