Re: [Orgmode] New user questions

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] New user questions
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 09:48:10 +0530

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 7:36 AM, Alan E. Davis <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have alot of questions about org-mode.  I have been working with it for a
> couple of weeks, and it's helped me in many ways.

Welcome to org-mode.

> Here's the first.
>
>  I have lots of emails on various topics that I would like to harvest into
> work files, and develop into blog postings, little essays and the like.  Is
> org-mode a useful way to link together a bunch of emails?  I use gmail.  Any
> other suggestions?

Org-mode does allow linking to emails provided you use a mail client
integrated with Emacs (gnus, vm, etc.)  You could use offlineimap or
pop to get mail from gmail into local maildir/mbox, access the mail
using gnus or VM or something inside Emacs and then you could link to
your emails (even search using mairix).  I tried it but I am on a
pseudo OS (Cygwin) and many parts did not work or were to flaky for a
regular use so I had to abandon it.  And some people do use org to
blog and publish websites even.

I suggest baby steps.

-- Manish