Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode and taskpaper

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode and taskpaper
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 10:31:08 +0200 (CEST)

--- Russell Adams <address@hidden> ha
scritto:

> On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 09:26:49AM +0200, Carsten
> Dominik wrote:

> > Org-mode was once a
> compact and
> > easy tool just like taskpaper.
[...]
> > I have now come to the conclusion that we need to
> turn
> > the tide and downscope Org-mode significantly.
[...]
> > This allows us a very simple and straight-forward
> path
> > for this down-scoping effort.  I can simply try to
> remove
> > one of these separate files after the other and
> then see
> > how much complaining I will get for this.  In this
> way,
> > we can make this process community-based, but I
> will
> > need you to frequently update org-mode and to give
> me
> > feedback during the process.

Well, we can also tell you what are the features of
Org-Mode that we use more frequently so that you can
feel how Org-Mode is used.

E.g., for me:
Outline, Properties, Clocking time, agenda, links,
export , TODO
I *can't* live without them.

To this regard I suggest that somebody
(e.g. Charles, would you?) can set up a survey,
with the features and the frequency we use it e.g.:

Feature                | %use
------------------------------
Outline                | 100%
built-in-table-editor  |   1%

the community may "vote" and you can have an idea of
what we consider the most useful features.

> My opinion would be
> that when drawing a line for the "core" feature set,
> ensure that any
> existing features can continue to exist as a plugin,
> optionally
> maintained separately.

+ 1 !
we already have worg ( http://www.legito.net/worg/ )
;-)

Again, Carsten,  thanks for Org-Mode,

cheers,

Giovanni

Scopri il Blog di Yahoo! Mail: trucchi, novità, consigli... e la tua opinione!
http://www.ymailblogit.com/blog/