Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug? Link to network file/dir does not work

From: Wanrong Lin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug? Link to network file/dir does not work
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 13:18:34 -0400

Thomas Baumann wrote:
Wanrong Lin <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

On my Windows machine, I tried to access a link like this from my org file:

file://host/dir/file_name

shouldn't that be
file://host:/dir/file_name

note the second colon after host.

Thomas

Tried that (on windows), does not work either. The error message is:
"No such file:  file://host:/dir/file_name"

I thought ideally whatever file path that is acceptable by the OS should be usable in org mode.

Wanrong