Re: [Orgmode] org-info.js alpha

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-info.js alpha
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 14:06:31 +0100

On Mar 23, 2008, at 2:27 AM, Sebastian Rose wrote:

Hello out there,

the appended package contains the alpha version of the org- info.js mentioned earlier on this list. The script displays XHTML exported org files in an Linuxdoc like way and now supports folding. Just anpack and
view the contained org-info.js.html in your browser and love it.

* Folding

To understand the folding features `g´ (global folding) and `f´ (fold section) zoom the document to a very small size, move to the first section, enter plain view mode (press `t´ if in info view mode) and
 start folding.  I changed the stylesheet a bit for this.

Ah, yes, it needs plain view before it works!

Excellent!

- Carsten

Some work has been done to remove bugs and add features requested. An
excerpt of the ChangeLog:

 * TOC, title and global folding
The title was doubled in some cases. This should be fixed now. The
   TOC is now a node as all the other sections to.

 * Documentation updated.

 * Stylesheet
   Now with indentation. This demonstrates the folding somewhat
   better.

 * Hide T.O.C.
The table of contents can now be hidden completely due to the new option HIDE_TOC. Hence the documents have to be exported with
   T.O.C., but may be displayed without it.

 * Commands reworked
The '/minibuffer/' is now invisible by default. Commands can be
   entered into the document itself. See below for list of shortcuts.

 * Global folding now working
   @Bastien: no doubled document title anymore :)

 * Link to homepage
It's now possible to link to the homepage and to an other page. These two links will be displayed as `HOME´ and `Up´ respectively. The HOME link in the demo links to the worg page http://www.legito.net/worg/. Thus pressing `H´ should bring you
   there.

* Shortcuts

 | Key | Action                        | Info | Plain |
 |-----+-------------------------------+------+-------|
 | n   | next section                  | y    | y     |
 | p   | previous section              | y    | y     |
 | i   | goto T.O.C.                   | y    | y     |
 | u   | one level up (parent section) | y    | y     |
 | s   | prompt for section number     | y    | y     |
 | t   | toggle view mode              | y    | y     |
 | v   | scroll by 200 px              | y    | y     |
 | V   | scroll back 200 px            | y    | y     |
 | ?   | show shortcuts                | y    | y     |
 | h   | follow the link '/UP/'        | y    | y     |
 | H   | follow the link '/HOME/'      | y    | y     |
 | f   | fold current section          |      | y     |
 | g   | fold globaly                  |      | y     |

* Note:

There is always an active section and the script tries to keep it visible on screen all the time. This might feel strange at first, but
 it's really helpfull when navigating by keyboard only.

* Firefox / Iceweasel users:

The usage of JavaScript slows down scrolling in current versions of FF. This is a known bug and absolutely anoying. I switched using
 Opera at the moment, which is the fastest browser I know.

Last time some of where so kind to drop me a message with browsers brand and version if working. The browsers are NOT yet referenced as supported browsers. From now on no new JavaScript features will creep into the
code anymore and it's time to add some browsers there.

Regards,

    Sebastian

<org-info-js.tar.bz2>