Re: [Orgmode] Re: Todo Templates

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Todo Templates
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 18:23:08 +0100

On Mar 21, 2008, at 6:42 PM, Russell Adams wrote:

I completely overlooked the fact that in column mode editing an item
with no properties creates those properties.

Thats 90% of the way there.

Is there a way to specify a default?

Hmmm.  In principle there is, because you can make a property
use inheritance and define a default for the inheritance, just like Bernt has shown
in his example for the EFFORT_ALL property.

However, since the EFFORT property is a summary property, I think inheritance would be a problem.

So the answer is no there is no good way to define a default value. I will put some thought into this, to see if this could be done in a useful way.

Maybe you can use a template to insert new entries with the property already defined?

- Carsten