Re: [Orgmode] org-bookmark.el

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-bookmark.el
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:04:53 +0000

Tokuya Kameshima <address@hidden> writes:

> Thank you for your comments and suggestions.  I would appreciate if
> you add the code to the distribution.

Done, thanks!

>> On top of this, when `org-bookmark' is in use, storing a link while
>> visiting a file (or while in dired-mode) could first check if the file
>> at point is bookmarked: if it is, then `org-bookmark-store-link' would
>> be used; if it isn't, storing the file would fall back on the current
>> mechanism.
>
> It sounds nice.  But it is possible for a single file to be bookmarked
> by two or more.  I can not find a good way to select one from multiple
> bookmarks referring to the same file.  Do you have any idea?

Either use an option like:

  (setq org-bookmark-store-link-select-first-bookmark t)

or interactively ask the user for the bookmark to use in the minibuffer?

In any case, this should be implemented in org.el directly.  When
`org-store-link' checks whether we are in dired-mode or in a buffer
visiting a file, then it would also check whether 'org-bookmark is
provided (with (featurep 'org-bookmark)...) and act accordingly if
it is.

Mhh... I will have a look at this this WE.

--
Bastien