Re: [Orgmode] using org for meeting agendas and minutes?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] using org for meeting agendas and minutes?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:46:37 +0100

On Feb 19, 2008, at 5:23 AM, Bastien wrote:

Adam Spiers <address@hidden> writes:

Is there any way to have heading-less subtopics in org, where multiple lines in the source document are treated as part of one paragraph, can
be re-filled to a given line wrap, and formatted accordingly during
export?

Plain lists sort-of do this.

That was the first thing I tried, but see above comment about the
resulting restriction on TODO items.

Which brings back an old idea I had: letting special entries with a
syntax like:

***: an entry here

Those entries would be "inlined": not foldable but TODO/tag-able
headlines.

I guess this would breaks the whole logic of the structure behind
org-mode files (not to speak of regexps), so it might not be worth
thinking deeper about this, unless it triggers possible workarounds.

Yes, we have been at this before.  The trouble is that I could
conceivable allow special entries with a TODO keyword and tags, so as
long as everything fits into a single line.  The trouble really starts
if we want such an entry to have timestamps, deadlines, properties etc
attached to it.  For all these concepts, the outline structure is being
used.  It would require quite a break with conventions and always
look like a hack.

Another concept you could consider:  make links to tasks:

* Staff meeting
** Taking notes for a meeting
  - note one, here I can write what I want
  - note 2 bla
  - note, this requires the action [[task3]]
  - note 4

** Tasks
*** TODO <<task3>> find someone who can organize the party

As for taking meeting notes, I've done quite well with the current
limitations you are mentionning.  I use list most of the times and
I restricts headlines to what might really need a TODO or a tag.

One thing that would perhaps make life easier is a simple way to
convert list items to headlines in a region.

- one
- two

would become

* one
* two

or

*** one
*** two

if the hierarchy above requires it.

`C-c *' outside tables could do it.  Or this could be added to `C-c -'

Yes, I do remember this request, and I remember getting stuck on this.
Did you aks back then to also convert plain lines into lists? this is where I
got stuck, I think.  Lets take this idea up again.

- Carsten