Re: [Orgmode] Re: category link idea

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: category link idea
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 18:10:07 +0100

Hi Cezar,

by accident, this seems to work for me already.  If I click on
the category, the file is opened.

- Carsten

On Feb 14, 2008, at 8:03 AM, cezar wrote:

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

cezar <address@hidden> writes:

 I was browsing my agenda buffer and I got hit by this idea: is it
 possible to have the categories linked ?

 For example I have this MyRailsProject in my agenda buffer and
 clicking the MyRailsProject: part should open up dired pointed at
 ~/MyRailsProject which could be pretty handy, instead of firing up
 dired and browsing to that folder.

Just add a [[file:~/MyRailsProject]] link to your MyRailsProject agenda task and then C-c C-o on the link to open the dired directory in another
window.

What I meant was something more like :

#+CATEGORY: [[/home/me/projects/MyProject][MyProject]]

and that would make it a link but it behaves wrong, meaning that the
agenda view show something like:

MyProject:Scheduled:  TODO my task for the project

with the word MyProject underlined. (notice how it joins them together)

Regards,
Cezar