[Orgmode] Re: clocking in and out in remember buffers - seems to be bugg

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: clocking in and out in remember buffers - seems to be buggy
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 14:12:07 +0100

This will be fixed in 5.20, by forcing you to explicitly clock out before
storing the note.  For now, just do it willingly.

- Carsten

On Jan 25, 2008, at 1:57 PM, Rainer Stengele wrote:

Carsten Dominik schrieb:

On Jan 24, 2008, at 4:34 PM, Rainer Stengele wrote:

I am not sure why things don't work.  Take a look at the variable
`remember-mode-hook'.  What is its value?

- Carsten

looks ok, includes the new function:

(my-start-clock-if-needed org-remember-apply-template)

is the template already "in" at that moment?

No, it is not OK, the sequence is wrong. Try an 'append argument when
adding the
my-start-clock-if-needed function, and make sure this line is called after the template functin has been added to the hook. The restart emacs and
double-check, it has to be:

(org-remember-apply-template my-start-clock-if-needed)

- Carsten

Excellent, the clock is now started whenever I have a "CLOCK-IN" string in the template!
Leaving with C-u C-c C-c it I am asked if I want clock out.

Answering "y" it says:

"Clock start time is gone"

and the remeber buffer stays open.

- Answering "n" the buffer is saved. Trying to find the clocked in item by calling
        org-gotro-clocked-in-entry
results in:

"No active clock"

Both cases do not make sense for me.