Re: [Orgmode] FR: interactive todo creation with remember templates

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] FR: interactive todo creation with remember templates
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:33:48 +0100

On Jan 22, 2008, at 3:55 PM, Austin Frank wrote:

Hello again!

I love all of the options that are available for inclusion in remember
templates.  I've got templates for the kinds of tasks I create most
often.  But sometimes I find myself saying "man, I wish I could just
tack a %^G onto this template", or something similar. These aren't task
types that I use often enough to justify giving them their own
templates, but I still want to have access to the features offered in
remember templates.

Would it be possible to build a single-use remember template through
prompts at the minibuffer?

I am not yet convinced about how useful this would be.

First of all, "slapping on a %^G" means adding tags.  Since you
probably have %? in the headline of the template anyway, adding tags
is as simple as C-c C-c.... Ahm, no you are right it is not, because we are
in a remember buffer after all.

Still, just adding % sequences does not really do it because
you still need to decide where the info should go.  So in the end, it
seems to me the the gain will be very minor.  Any other opinions?

- Carsten