[Orgmode] Re: clocking in and out in remember buffers - seems to be bugg

From: Austin Frank
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: clocking in and out in remember buffers - seems to be buggy
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:42:04 -0500

On Tue, Jan 22 2008, Rainer Stengele wrote:

> I use to clock in a task when beginning to write in a remember buffer.
> For example when receive a phone call from a customer I pop up a
> remember template and the first thing I do is to start the clock.
>
> After writing down notes and doing some stuff, documenting further in
> the clocked in remember buffer, I finally want to save and close the
> remember template.

Here's what I would tried, but none of them worked

;; try to use advice to start and stop the clock
(defadvice remember (after clock-in-on-remember-open)
  "Call org-clock-in after opening a remember buffer."
  ;; also tried adding advice to org-remember and
  ;; org-remember-apply-template, neither worked
  (org-clock-in))

(defadvice remember-finalize (before clock-out-on-remember-close)
  "Call org-clock-out before closing a remember buffer."
  (org-clock-out))

;; try to add clock starting to the remember mode hook
(add-hook 'remember-mode-hook 'org-clock-in)

Maybe one of these will give you an idea that will get you started in
the right direction.  Sorry I couldn't actually figure it out.

/au

--
Austin Frank
http://aufrank.net