[Orgmode] FR: interactive todo creation with remember templates

From: Austin Frank
Subject: [Orgmode] FR: interactive todo creation with remember templates
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 09:55:15 -0500

Hello again!

I love all of the options that are available for inclusion in remember
templates.  I've got templates for the kinds of tasks I create most
often.  But sometimes I find myself saying "man, I wish I could just
tack a %^G onto this template", or something similar.  These aren't task
types that I use often enough to justify giving them their own
templates, but I still want to have access to the features offered in
remember templates.

Would it be possible to build a single-use remember template through
prompts at the minibuffer?

I imagine that I would call org-remember, and one of the options would
be "[i]nteractive".  Upon hitting i, a menu (like the one for fast tag
selection) would come up.  It would look like

  t:  timestamp
  T:  timestamp with time
  u:  inactive timestamp
  c:  clipboard contents
  g:  tag selection from target file
  k:  insert keyword information
  [...]

Pressing any of the keys would either enter that feature in the current
remember buffer, or open the appropriate prompt in the minibuffer.

This has several advantages over just visiting the appropriate file and
entering the task manually:  single key strokes for some common
operations (e.g. timestamps), access to link keywords, file inclusion,
and sexp evaluation.

It might also be possible to use this to extend an existing template on
a per-use basis.  I could call org-remember, and instead of hitting "t"
for my todo template, I would hit C-u t.  This would insert the normal
contents of my todo template, but also prompt for additional template
options.

Is something like this possible?

Thanks,
/au