Re: [Orgmode] Re: Remember and then refile

From: Piotr Zielinski
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Remember and then refile
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 14:31:28 +0000

On Jan 18, 2008 10:19 PM, Steven Lumos <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Have you considered somehow merging the tree selection and
>>> minibuffer with completion methods so that both are available
>>> simultaneously?

I haven't made up my mind about org-refile yet, but I'd like to speak
in defense of org-goto.  In my setup, when you start typing in
org-goto, it automatically enters the isearch mode that searches only
headlines, which is very useful for refiling and kind of achieves what
you are asking for.  This requires some additional elisp code; I can
repost it if somebody is interested.

As for completion, both org-refile and org-goto should work with
icicles but I haven't tried it extensively yet (icicles provides
general-purpose extensive completion support for emacs).  My main
point is that I'd rather vote for making org-mode work well with
otherspecialized modes (eg icicles) than for reimplementing the
features.

Thanks,
Piotr