[Orgmode] BUG?: repeat items disappears in agenda

From: Wanrong Lin
Subject: [Orgmode] BUG?: repeat items disappears in agenda
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:04:43 -0500

Hi, Carsten,

I am excited to try out the new features in 5.19, but one thing I tried first is to see whether the "task disappearing" behavior for repeat TODO items has changed. Seems it did not. I am not sure whether this is considered a bug, but in short the symptom is this:

Suppose I have a repeat task:

* TODO [#A] A repeat task test
 SCHEDULED: <2008-01-15 Tue +1w>

And today is Friday, Jan 18. The task will show in my agenda for today. But, if I change the above task to:

* TODO [#A] A repeat task test
 SCHEDULED: <2008-01-14 Mon +1w>

It will disappear from my agenda for today. But it still shows up in my agenda for Monday, Jan 14, and Monday, Jan 21. It seems to me that once today's date is closer to the next occurrence of a repeat item than the overdue one, the item will disappear.

I guess this will push me to finish a repeat task ASAP, but still, I am a little bit nervous that something I am suppose to do may disappear from my agenda.

Thanks a lot for taking a look of this.

Wanrong