Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode version 5.17

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-mode version 5.17
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:40:35 +0100

On Dec 20, 2007, at 11:36 PM, Jose A. Ortega Ruiz wrote:

Hi Carsten,

"Carsten Dominik" <address@hidden> writes:

   - When the new option `org-refile-use-outline-path' is set,
     refile targets will be presented like a file path to the
     completion interface: "level 1/level 2/level 3".  This
     may be the fastest interface yet to get to a certain
     outline entry.  Do we need to use this interface in other
     places?  Thanks to Jose Ruiz for this proposal.

Thanks again. I've been playing with this new feature and it's really
as useful as i imagined. One related idea just occurred to me: i think
it'd be nice to be able to specify a non-existent leaf at the prompt,
in which case a node with the requested path would be created and the
refile would take place (as a child of the new node). Would that be
difficult to implement?

It would not be difficult but error-prone. And it would not be clear *where* the new node should be created.

I am not taking any action for now on this.

- Carsten