Re: [Orgmode] integrating org-mairix and nnmairix

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] integrating org-mairix and nnmairix
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 22:16:40 +0000

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 11:40:27PM -0500, Austin Frank wrote:
> Mairix provides the ability to search for lots of things other than
> message-ids, though, and I think some of them would be useful in org.
> For example, at the top of a project tree it might be useful to have a
> link to a search like

> mairix -t fc:address@hidden d:20080101-
>
> This would give me a quick way to access all of the threads from, to, or
> cc'd to address@hidden since the first of the year.  Assuming that's
> when the project began, a search like this would be an excellent way to
> get quick access to the emails relevant to the project.
>
> So, I'd like to see org-mairix extended to include ways to build links
> using more than just message-ids.

Absolutely!  As you probably already saw from my other mail, I
suggested this just before the New Year.  Two of us wanting this
probably means we have quorum ;-) Any suggestions for the link format?
I can't think of a reason why the following would not work well:

  [[mairix:-t fc:address@hidden d:20080101-][from or cc client in 2008]]

Currently the choice of whether to use '-t' is controlled by a global
custom variable, but I prefer the per-link flexibility.  In contrast,
it would be more helpful to include '-a' interactively, e.g. with a
prefix argument.

Your other ideas sound good too, although I suspect it is unlikely
that anyone else will manage to find the time to code them for you, so
please consider hacking some elisp yourself ;-)