Re: [Orgmode] Sorting problem

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Sorting problem
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 14:45:48 +0100

On Jan 3, 2008, at 2:11 PM, Harald Weis wrote:

Sorry, Dominik, for the finger trouble. I meant to reply to
the list only.

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 08:23:26AM +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Jan 1, 2008, at 6:32 PM, Harald Weis wrote:

The error message is invariably the following:

Wrong number of arguments: etc

Does it literally say "etc", or is this a place holder for
something else?

It's a place holder. I couldn't get the (5-line) error message
into the mouse in order to copy it. Whenever I try, it disappears.
And I'm just finding out that the message is fortunately kept
in the *Messages* buffer, although with lots of white space
and other funny symbols. Annoying. Here it is:

<paste>
Sort children: [a]lpha [n]umeric [t]ime [p]riority p[r]operty [f]unc A/N/T/P/F means reversed:
Sorting entries...
org-sort-entries-or-items: Wrong number of arguments: #[(reverse nextrecfun endrecfun &optional startkeyfun endkeyfun) "deZŽÆVžŸŽªžŸŽ£ŽÇŽÈ!žŸŽšŽÉ

You seem to be using a version of Emacs in which the command
`sort-subr' does not yet allow the `predicate' argument as the 6th
argument to the call.  Apparently this is the case in Emacs 21
that you are using - unfortunately I don't anymore have emacs 21
on my system.....

Is there a reason why you are not yet using Emacs 22?

The "funny symbols" are there because the Lisp code is compliled, read the
Feedback section of the Org-mode manual to see to to improve on this.

Apart from the fact that I cannot get sorting work, I wonder why the
content of the children is unfolded if I only want the children
headlines sorted ?

This is because Emacs is cutting and then re-inserting all the tree
nodes, and that would mess up the hiding anyway.

- Carsten