Re: [Orgmode] A day in the life with Org - by Sacha Chua

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] A day in the life with Org - by Sacha Chua
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 22:59:28 +0000

Charles Cave (address@hidden) wrote:
> Sacha Chua has written a very useful article about her use of org-mode
>
> http://sachachua.com/wp/2007/12/22/a-day-in-a-life-with-org/
>
> .. complete with blocks of Lisp code

This is a fantastic article, with several great ideas which I would
*love* to see integrated into the official tree:

  - Option to automatically change a task's state when clocking into it

  - Standardised way of estimating completion time for tasks

  - Reviewing scheduled "load" - i.e. what percentage of a day is
    already allocated by scheduling tasks for that day, vs. how much
    free time there is on that day (this would ideally take
    appointments into account too)

  - Reviewing accuracy of initial estimates after completion

This would be getting dangerously close to my nirvana of time
management: an as yet hypothetical mind experiment in which my boss
gives me a new project, asks me when it can be completed by, and I
tell him straight away in confidence that I've committed myself to
something entirely attainable, through knowing that I have already
accurately scheduled time for all other tasks which need to be
completed before then ;-)