Re: [Orgmode] strange behaviour when customising org-agenda-custom-comma

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] strange behaviour when customising org-agenda-custom-commands
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:47:07 +0000

[moving thread to the list in case anyone else can shed light]

Adam Spiers wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 01:49:49PM +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> > > I think I may have figured it out as being a general issue with emacs
> > > custom mode.  If you edit a custom variable as a lisp expression, then
> > > change back to normal view without doing "Set for Current Session"
> > > then it loses all the changes you made to the elisp sexp.  Can you
> > > reproduce that?
> >
> > I don't even need to check, this is how customize is supposed to work.
> > Before using set for current session, nothing changes internally, and
> > when you switch to a different view, th current internal value is used
> > to produce the view.
>
> Yep, I should have guessed from the wording "Show Saved Lisp
> Expression".  I'm pretty sure this is what caused the loss of config,
> but if I see it still happening I'll let you know.  Thanks.

Argh, it just happened again with 5.17a!  And it was definitely only
(and all) the prefix key documentation entries which vanished, such as

   ("#" . "TODOs by priority")

Additionally I have been most careful to regularly save customizations
since the discussion above, so I'm now sure that there is a bug
somewhere after all; I just don't know how to trigger it.  Is the
defcustom definition for prefix key documentation definitely correct?