Re: [Orgmode] Org Radio

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org Radio
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 19:49:34 +0100

Hi David,

"David O'Toole" <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm writing an add-on for Org (again!)
>
> This one is called radio.el. It lets you annotate files (or even
> individual lines within files) with arbitrary org subtrees.

Great!  I played with it a bit, and I like the general idea.  I thought
about doing something similar a while ago, because the one thing I lack
in Emacs is the ability to take notes against one particular file and to
see from within the file if there are notes attached to it...

Maybe one direction for further improvements: I don't really like the
glyph ":>".  I would prefer that taking notes is done against a region
and that the whole region get overlayed when you activate radio-mode (or
whatever mode it could be.)

Remember the GPLv3 comment process and the way comments were overlined.
Turning your mode on could overline regions that are annotated, and
those overlined regions could link to the note in the attached Org
file...

Does this fit with your use of the tool ?

--
Bastien