Re: [Orgmode] emacs on the N800

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] emacs on the N800
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 23:47:14 +0000

Hi Daniel,

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 12:51:01PM +0200, Daniel M German wrote:
> hi everybody,
>
> Some of you might be interested...
>
> I was able to cross-compile emacs-nox for the N800 (emacs22.1) and run
> org mode on it. YOu can check the screenshots here:
>
> http://turingmachine.org/~dmg/temp/emacsOrgN800.jpg
> http://turingmachine.org/~dmg/temp/emacsOrgN800full.jpg
>
> (The screenshots were made running vncX11 on the nokia and connecting to
                                     ^^^^^^
Did you mean x11vnc?  This isn't available in any of the OS2007
repositories yet :-/

> it from my desktop). The first shows the stylus virtual keyboard, and
> the second the full screen. Depending on your eyes, you can zoom out
> to view up to 100 lines of text and still read it.

Today I became the very proud owner of a shiny new N810.  This thing
rocks!  It's the slickest Linux-powered unified gizmo I have ever
seen.  It didn't take long to get set it up so I could ssh in as root
and do operations with apt-get.  Python is already running nicely ;-)

However, the main reason for buying it was to try to get an
ultra-portable version of org-mode, so I'd be *really* grateful if you
could guide me through how you cross-compiled it for the N800.  Then
I'll try the same on the N810 and maybe even publish a package
repository with it in.  *Any* help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam