Fwd: [Orgmode] Re: Example of thesis in org-mode and LaTeX

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Fwd: [Orgmode] Re: Example of thesis in org-mode and LaTeX
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 15:14:01 +0100

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Carsten Dominik <address@hidden>
Date: Dec 5, 2007 3:13 PM
To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>

>   > For example, if the point is on a checkbox, C-c C-c will toggle it.
>   > But what if the point is not exactly at a position where Org's C-c
>   > C-c have a specific meaning?  The email will be sent, which might
>   > surprise the user.  For now I solve this by not using Org's C-c C-c
>   > key while composing an email, but there might be better solution.
>
> Let me put in my 500 Forints (Hungarian money), maybe someone did not
> know about it and will find it useful.
>
> Accidentally typing "C-c C-c" bit me a couple of times when I was
> experimenting with sticky keys and other accessibility features.
>
> I found a nice little solution to this problem, disabling the
> message-send-and-exit command:
>
> ,----
> | (disable-command 'message-send-and-exit)
> `----
>
> Now when I press "C-c C-c" I get a warning buffer and I have to confirm
> it by pressing space.  So sending a message is "C-c C-c SPC" for me,
> which is cool and I can cancel the sending with "C-g" or "n" if I want
> to.

What an ingenious work-around.  Very nice!  I guess iI would need something like
this because Org-mode has trained me to hit C-c C-c all the time and the danger
of sending an email prmaturely would be significant.

But if you prefer to shift Org-mode C-c C-cm you can always hach to
appropriate keymap and move that command.

Great to see that orgstruct-mode is finally being used.

- Carsten