Re: [Orgmode] Re: my remember templates do not work anymore in 5.16

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: my remember templates do not work anymore in 5.16
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 20:06:04 +0100

On 12/3/07, James TD Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 2007-12-03 15:20:17(+0100), Rainer Stengele wrote:
> > Hi Carsten, thanks for the ultra fast answer but I still ghet this:
> >
> > org-remember-apply-template: Wrong type argument: symbolp, (quote
> > x-last-selected-text)
> >
> > Rainer
>
> What version of emacs are you using? I forgot to test the patch I submitted
> on XEmacs.
>
> Unless Carsten wants to try and get my X clipboard code working, I suggest the
> relevant lines in org-remember be changed to
> (v-c (if (> (length kill-ring) 0) (current-kill 0) nil))
> and I'll try to come up with something which doesn't break.

I believe that 5.16b works again.  But I am not totally sure it will still
do what you meant it to do, and I am very sure that it will not do
that under XEmacs, because it does not seem to have those x-...
variables.

I don't know much about the clipboard stuff, so I'd appreciate very much
if you could take a look at the modified code and make sure that it
works, also under XEmacs.

Thanks!

- Carsten