Re: [Orgmode] Restricting the agenda to the current subtree

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Restricting the agenda to the current subtree
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 19:38:22 +0100

On 11/30/07, Rick Moynihan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Cool, it sounds like it's going to be good.  I can't say I've used the
> speedbar much but I look forward to giving it a shot with org-mode
> (which is the main reason I use Emacs anyway :-) )
>
> My only concern about using the speedbar is that it'll take up more
> screen real estate than the equivalent idea using org-goto, as you'll
> have the speedbar + the fileview + the agenda on screen.

Speedbar will be most useful it you have a number of files you want to
drill into and restrict to.  If it is only a single file,
you can simply do it directly from the file itself.  Start from
OVERVIEW and drill into the outline, and then restrict the agenda to
any sybtree you like.  I don't really see what advantage the org-goto
interface would give (sorry, I had overlooked this particular suggestion
in your initial post)...

- Carsten