Re: [Orgmode] Re: Feature request: custom link handlers

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Feature request: custom link handlers
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 15:01:41 +0000

Tom Weissmann <address@hidden> writes:

> Bastien <bzg <at> altern.org> writes:
>
>> > I think what you are trying to achieve is better described as a new
>> > hyperlink mechanism rather than an extension of abbrev links.
>>
>> Sorry, should read: "as a new hyperlink type"...
>
> Yes. But a cheap alternative is just to let abbrev link functions
> return nil if they want to.

I find this a bit confusing to use a function that expands an
abbreviation only for its side effects.

But maybe you can just tell your function to return a string:

(defun org-link-abbrev-bookmark (bookmark)
  "Opens a bookmark in another window"
  (progn (bookmark-jump-other-window bookmark) ""))

No?

--
Bastien