Re: [Orgmode] list format questions

From: Eddward DeVilla
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] list format questions
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 09:40:26 -0600

On Nov 23, 2007 2:11 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> "Eddward DeVilla" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >   - [ ] Q2 is a really, really, long Q and needs to be described in
> > excruciating detail.
>
> Note that auto-refilling should already handle this.  The thing is that
> it outputs something like this:
>
> ,----
> |   - [ ] Q2 is a really, really, long Q and needs to be described in
> |     excruciating detail.
> `----
>
> Not something like this:
>
> ,----
> |   - [ ] Q2 is a really, really, long Q and needs to be described in
> |         excruciating detail.
> `----
>
> Which might be seen as more natural.  But it's not obvious for me.  Do
> you think auto-refill should wrap the line like in the second example?
>
> (I'm not speaking about explicit refilling with `M-q' here.)

Personally, I prefer the second example where the text aligns with
text instead of the checkbox.  I can live with either.  Overall, I'd
just like consistency with indenting.  Tab goes to one position, M-q
and auto-fill goes to another.  Changing it so tab and auto-fill
agree, but M-q doesn't isn't really an improvement in my eyes.  I'd
rather keep auto-fill and M-q the same and have tab be the odd man
out.

Edd