Re: [Orgmode] Re: Invalid search bound (wrong side of point) using Remem

From: Graham Smith
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Invalid search bound (wrong side of point) using Remember
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 18:51:12 +0000

Andrew,

As you will see, I now have this fixed. I did rewrite the template code so it matched the most recent version of the manual - but not sure what I did different.

But its working - which is good.

Thanks,

Graham

On 16/11/2007, Andrew J. Korty <address@hidden> wrote:
"Graham Smith" <address@hidden> writes:

> I have just set up Remember with Org mode (without the template set up),
> when I use C-c C-c to save the entry, it gets saved to notes.org as it
> should, but I also get an error:
>
> Invalid search bound (wrong side of point)
>
> Can some one explain what this means.

I had this problem, and I think I fixed it by moving %a from the end of
my org-remember-templates to the beginning.  My templates used to look
something like

  * TODO %?
    %U
    %a

Now I use

  * TODO %? %a
    %U

which fixed the bug.  Plus I like it better anyway.

Iirc, the problem arose when %a was empty.

--
Andrew J. Korty, Deputy Information Security Officer
Office of the Vice President for Information Technology and CIO