Re: [Orgmode] Re: undo in org.el

From: William Henney
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: undo in org.el
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:02:26 -0600

Hi Tassilo

On 11/14/07, Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:
> Wes Nakamura <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi Wes,
>
> > On XEmacs I like being able to have a default variable width font in
> > the org-mode buffer but still have the calendar, etc, come up in a
> > monospace font in a different buffer in the same frame.  I haven't
> > been able to do this in Emacs since I believe fonts are not buffer
> > local but applied to a frame.
>
> That's wrong.  You can mix as many proportional and variable width faces
> in one buffer as you whish.  For example you could use big variable
> width fonts for org headlines and small proportional fonts for the
> normal content.
>
> Simply set point on the face you want to change and hit `M-x
> customize-face RET'.

No. I think you are missing Wes' point. Of course you can set
different fonts for different faces, but that does not help with the
particular issue that Wes mentions. The calendar uses the default
face, as does org-mode for "normal" text. Therefore, you can't change
one without screwing up the other. If XEmacs allows the font
associated with a particular face to be buffer-local, then that is a
big improvement.

A work-around for GNU Emacs would be for org to use define an
"org-default" face that inherits from "default" but can be changed
independently. Is this feasible, Carsten? I would appreciate that
feature too.

The main reason I don't use XEmacs any more is that there is no
version for OS X that is as nice as Aquamacs...

Cheers

Will (XEmacs user 1993-2005, GNU Emacs user 1990-1993, 2005-present)

--

  Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
  Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia