Re: [Orgmode] switching between todo groups

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] switching between todo groups
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 14:23:24 +0000

Richard G Riley <address@hidden> writes:

>> I think I need an example to see how such a piece of information could
>> be used...  can you provide one?
>
> I'm not sure I understand.
>
> I set the todo sequence for a particular task and it remembers, for
> the life of the session, which is the sequence in use for that task.

My question is: 1) how do you make org.el "remember" what sequence is in
use for a particular task?  2) how do you tell the user what sequence is
in use for a particular task?

The reason behind my suggestion to use "TODO_1 NEXT_1 | DONE_1" is that
it solves both questions without requiring anothing new.  You can even
replace DONE_1 by DONE, because you usually don't need to cycle through
keywords once an entry is marked DONE.

> Nothing more, nothing less and not very, very important, just
> "nice". Reason? I want "Done", "Cancelled" on all or most sequences.

As I said, you can switch from one sequence to another if they start
with a different keyword.

Then you can use "Done" and "Cancelled" as you wish, provided that you
don't expect S-<right> on them will produce something logical -- e.g.
set-dependant.

I'm not trying to say the current way of handling sets is the only one,
not even the better one, it's just that I don't know how they could be
handled otherwise - maybe i'm too myopic on this.

--
Bastien