Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode version 5.13

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode version 5.13
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 23:50:57 +0100

Mike Newman <address@hidden> writes:

> I think that class is the right thing here.  We are saying that this is
> a "table-of-contents" rather than this is the "table-of-contents".  I
> believe at present there is no mechanism to give more than one table of
> contents, but someone, sometime might want tables of contents for
> individual sections of a document.

Fair enough.  Let's say that "id" is okay for now (since the HTML
exporter doesn't know how to export multiple tables of contents),
but this might become "class" when needed.

> This appears to be logical, but is in fact (I think) redundant.  We can
> specify the style to applied at different levels without using
> class attributes.  For example:
>
>    div { background-color: lightgray}
>    div > div { background-color: peachpuff}
>    div > div > div { background-color: green}
>
> shows how different styling can be applied to level 1, level 2 and
> level 3 (and above).

So you suggest keeping the <div> tags, but stripping them out of their
"class" attributes?

> I think this has advantages (e.g. inheritance of unspecified
> characteristics from higher levels) and leaves the class attribute
> free to represent styling that is independent of the structure.

Yes, I feel quite the same.

--
Bastien