[Orgmode] Re: PocketMod for org-mode

From: Christian Egli
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: PocketMod for org-mode
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 11:58:19 +0000 (UTC)

Hi

Bastien <bzg <at> altern.org> writes:

> Christian Egli <christian.egli <at> novell.com> writes:
>
> > The attached script generates a pocketMod style pdf which contains the
> > next four weeks, the next three months and the current year on one
> > page. It also generates a hipsterPDA style printout which contains the
> > same calendars to be used in hipsterPDA style.
>
> Hey, that's great!  I didn't heard about pocketMod before.

Thanks :-)

> Can you send a PDF example of the output?

I'll try to set up a page on the emacswiki tonight where I can upload the code
and a couple of PDF examples.

> I tried your Makefile but could not get any output (yet).  I think it's
> mainly because I don't have any of pdfnup/pdfjoin/pdf90 - where does it
> come from?  On what system?

You need to install pdfjam. Most distros have it. Otherwise get it from
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/statistics/staff/academic/firth/software/pdfjam.

> Maybe a bit more of explanation on how to use this Makefile would also
> be useful.

You basically just type make :-). This will produce two pdfs: pocketMod.pdf and
hipsterPDA.pdf.

pocketMod.pdf can be folded and cut according to the instructions on
pocketmod.com. In my experience it is much to small to be usefull. More tweaking
(e.g. with the fonts is needed).

hipsterPDA.pdf gives you two pages that you can cut in four sheets each. This
will give you eight sheets of size A6 (105mm x 148mm), which can then be clipped
together in the style of the hipster pda
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipster_PDA).

HTH
Christian