Re: [Orgmode] Re: Turning on column view marks buffer "modified"

From: Wanrong Lin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Turning on column view marks buffer "modified"
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:33:51 -0400

Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Oct 16, 2007, at 17:44, Wanrong Lin wrote:

I just found out things are even stranger:

I have a level 1 heading "* HR". Every time the column view is turned on, an extra space is added to the end of that heading, which is why the buffer is marked "modified". But it only happens on that "HR" heading. What is so special about the word "HR" (stands for "Human Resources" for me)????????

The reason ist that your headline is so short.  Column view internal
need on character in the headline for each column to display.
Therefore, it adds space characters if you have more columns than
characters.  Don't really know how to change this - I guess I could
avoid marking the buffer marked just because of this.

- Carsten

That will be nice if you can add that work-around. I am compelled to do an "undo" when I see a buffer is marked "modified" for no good reason because I am afraid of inserting characters accidentally since we all press those short-cut keys so fast. One thing I hate about Microsoft word is when you close a word file, even if you did not do anything to it, it often asks you whether you want to save your changes.

Thank you.

Wanrong