Re: [Orgmode] Re: POLL: Volume of emacs-orgmode too high?

From: William Henney
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: POLL: Volume of emacs-orgmode too high?
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:03:07 -0500

On 10/16/07, Rick Moynihan <address@hidden> wrote:
> Nuutti Kotivuori wrote:
> > Carsten Dominik wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> the mailing list has been extremely active recently, we have had
> >> close to 20 email a day.
> >>
> >> I am worried that this will scare away some members.  Do we need to
> >> address this, or will people stick around and just wait until
> >> things cool off a bit?
> >
> > I think it is fine. The issues raised on the mailing list are very
> > much to the point and actually relevant to org-mode.
>
> Agreed.  I do fall behind on reading it every now and then but I always
> try and catch up because the quality of discussions is so high.  I like
> having such a receptive community.

Agreed too. Sometimes my eyes glaze over the GTD threads, but I can
always mute the threads I'm not interested in. Perhaps an additional
low volume org-mode-announce list would be a good idea for those more
interested in product than process...

Cheers

Will

--

  Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
  Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia