[Orgmode] scope of properties in a narrowed buffer, links in certain env

From: Niels Giesen
Subject: [Orgmode] scope of properties in a narrowed buffer, links in certain environments etc.
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:56:24 +0200

Hi Carsten and list,

due to all the traffic on the list (Good Thing) and too much traffic on the railroad to work this morning (Bad Thing), I went reading up on the org-mode mailing list and installed the latest version today (was coming from 4.56), and trying to use column view and properties. Which are great. In my enthousiasm however, I discovered some bugs, especially after an `org-narrow-to-subtree'-call.

Column view on a narrowed subtree does take into account the file-wide #+COLUMNS directive, but *not* the :COLUMNS: property of a parent tree outside of the narrowing. Actually, this issue seems to be larger: `org-set-property' does scan the whole file for properties, but prop_ALL from a parent tree outside of the narrowing does not have any effect on the values shown.

In column view links are not propertised as links, so the full text shows. Also, C-c C-o does not work here to follow a link in a line (or rather: column).

Whilst on the subject of links, in the agenda buffer, for some reason C-c C-o has trouble when a link is not on the end of a line. The following in org-agenda-open-link patch fixes this:
(however, it will still just follow the /first/ link on the line)

diff -w "c:/tmp/org-5.12c/org.el" "c:/tmp/org-5.12c/org2.el"
20251a20252
>       (beginning-of-line)
20255c20256,20258
<       (call-interactively 'org-open-at-point)
---
>       (progn
>         (beginning-of-line)
>         (call-interactively 'org-open-at-point))

Diff finished.  Tue Oct 16 14:08:55 2007

Using Org-mode version 5.12c on "GNU Emacs 23.0.0.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2007-01-01 on DTOP"

Greetings to you all!

Niels Giesen