Re: [Orgmode] Column view bugs

From: Daniel J. Sinder
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Column view bugs
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:46:45 -0700

On 10/13/2007 02:28 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> Feature Request #4
>> Is having the column view print practical? What about export?
>
> Yes, clearly important missing features.  What should we have?
>
> One interesting possibility would be a dynamic block that
> captures the column view as an Org-mode table.  Other proposals?

I raised the question about column view export early on:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/2295

I think that thread headed in the wrong direction, with some
suggestions for dynamic HTML type stuff for collapsing/expanding --
too complicated and certainly beyond my knowledge.  But I think
going to an Org-mode table might be the "easy" way out, since table
exporting is already quite good.

For what it's worth, this is a feature I'd use.

Thanks,
Dan

(Still enjoying org-mode but too busy to keep up with most of the
new features and the voluminous emacs-orgmode emails)