Re: [Orgmode] Agenda view resizes frames

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Agenda view resizes frames
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:56:38 +0200

On Oct 14, 2007, at 20:02, Sebastjan Trepca wrote:

Hi,

when I open agenda view it always resizes the frame and ruins my
current frames. How could I fix that, so that it stays in the frame
where I executed the command and doesn't resize it?

Use the selfdocumenting power of Emacs:

Menu:

Org -> Customize -> Browse Org Group

Open group "Org Agenda"
Open group "Org Agenda Window Setup"
Select option "Org Agenda Window Setup"

There is the documentation:
,-------------------------------------------------------------
| How the agenda buffer should be displayed. Hide Rest
| Possible values for this option are:
|
| current-window    Show agenda in the current window,
|                   keeping all other windows.
| other-frame       Use `switch-to-buffer-other-frame'
|                   to display agenda.
| other-window      Use `switch-to-buffer-other-window'
|                   to display agenda.
| reorganize-frame  Show only two windows on the current
|                   frame, the current window and the agenda.
| See also the variable `org-agenda-restore-windows-after-quit'.

Ahh, the current value is `reorganize-frame', which is why it messes
up my frame.  Lets flip this option to `current window'.......
Click on "Value Menu", select "current-window", click
"Set for Current Session" and then "Save for Future Sessions".

:-)  Emacs is your friend.

- Carsten