Re: [Orgmode] Categories

From: Richard G Riley
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Categories
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 19:20:03 +0200

> On Oct 12, 2007, at 17:04, Richard G Riley wrote:
>>
>> Yes. The concept of not having to worry about where things are in the
>> org file doesn't really work for me. I like things having a certain
>> category in that category section - otherwise there seems little point
>> in having lines like
>>
>> ,----
>> | * Emacs
>> |
>> | :PROPERTIES:
>> | :CATEGORY: Emacs
>> | :END:
>> `----
>
> Check out this message - it might contain what you are looking for.
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/3179/focus=3586
>

>> This might seem like an incredibly naive question, but with the concept
>> of "general properties", where do TAGs fit in now?  Is a tag a special
>> kind of property? I am having difficulty seeing the best way to utilise
>> the tools and would appreciate some wise words of guidance here.
>
> See my other message in a new thread.
>
> - Carsten

I have a possible bug here (5.12). When embedding the CATEGORY as a
property e.g in my org file

** TODO master tags/categories                                           :VOCAB:
   SCHEDULED: <2007-10-14 Sun> DEADLINE: <2007-10-15 Mon>
   :PROPERTIES:
   :CATEGORY: Emacs
   :MISC:     test
   :END:
   [2007-10-12 Fri]

   [[gnus:nnmaildir%2BMyMail:DevelopmentEmail#886][Email from Bastien:
   Re: Orgmode Categories]]

when I change the state e.g with this custom command sample

,----
|  '(org-agenda-custom-commands
|    (quote (
|          ("d" org-todo "DELEGATED" nil)
|            ("c" org-todo "DONE|DEFERRED|CANCELLED" nil)
|            ("w" org-todo "WAITING" nil)
|          ("W" agenda ""
`----

I hit "C-c x d" to move to "DELEGATED", I get prompted for a note, but
the note is not stored as a sub item of the parent task anymore. In fact
I don't know where it is stored.