Re: [Orgmode] if both schedule and deadline, appear only once in agenda

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] if both schedule and deadline, appear only once in agenda
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 14:36:42 +0100

Gijs Hillenius <address@hidden> writes:

> But maybe I should not :-). But here goes: I plan to start working on
> an item by date X -> schedule stamp. The item has a deadline, so ->
> deadline.

For that I use `org-deadline-warning-days'.  I start the deadline when
it shows up in my agenda.  The default value for this is 14, but you can
set a value for each deadline like this:

  DEADLINE: <2004-02-29 Sun -10d>

Meaning that you should start the deadline 10 days before the deadline.

,----[ (info "(org)Deadlines and scheduling") ]
| You can specify a different lead time for warnings for a specific
| deadlines using the following syntax.  Here is an example with a
| warning period of 5 days `DEADLINE: <2004-02-29 Sun -5d>'.
`----

HTH,

--
Bastien