[Orgmode] Re: depending TODOs, scheduling following TODOs automatically

From: Rainer Stengele
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: depending TODOs, scheduling following TODOs automatically
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 23:12:18 +0200

Russell Adams schrieb:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 06:10:50PM +0100, pete phillips wrote:
>> I do realise this.  But the question that needs to be answered
>> is whether this is necessarily the best path ?
>
> It isn't necessarily. I'm just pointing out it's likely to grow as
> more folks use it for larger lists. After all, most PM software
> just maintains a specialized kind of list.
>
> Yes I've looked at task juggler, and was impressed, but its overkill
> for what I need. (its also GUI!)
>
> I think the key here is that Org needs some PM-like functionality, but
> I certainly wouldn't advocate trying to make Org a full PM. Org is
> great for lists, notes, TODO's, etc. Ever try to take freeform notes
> in MS Project? ;]
>
> I'm interested to see where Carsten and the others take these ideas.
>
> Russell

> Russell Adams                            address@hidden
>
> PGP Key ID:     0x1160DCB3           http://www.adamsinfoserv.com/
>
> Fingerprint:    1723 D8CA 4280 1EC9 557F  66E8 1154 E018 1160 DCB3

I also do not expect to grow Org into anything near a "full" PM.
But I do would be more than glad to get some basic (trigger or blocker)
functionality to model dependencies between todos.

Again, one of my main needs would be to hide todos until other todos are
in a certain state. Then show them after the trigger is pulled.
At the moment I have to a lot of todos in my agenda which I cannot work
on because of the "trigger" not ready. Or I have to "undo" the todos to
not see them and not forget to trigger them myself at the right moment.

Thats my 2 cents I stated the discussion with.

rainer