Re: [Orgmode] relative scheduling

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] relative scheduling
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 09:07:13 +0200

On Oct 9, 2007, at 18:09, Carsten Dominik wrote:
However, a different question pops up here.  When rescheduling,
should the +Nd be relative to today, or relative to
the currently scheduled date?

- A good reason to make it relative to today is that you might not
  always know that the entry is already scheduled.  Using today
  as reference would be safe

- A good reason for doing it relative to the scheduled date is
  that you are *re*-scheduling, and then it is a bit more
  logical to think "lets push this two days down"

Votes?

OK, with no clear majority, the verdict is this:
I give the most weight to the uncertainty whether we a changing
an old time stamp or inserting a new one.  Therefore, "+4d" will
be always be measured relative to today.  However, you can
use "++4d" to explicitly specify that you want this relative
to the default date (which is today for new entries, and the
old date when modifying).

Also you will (in 5.12) be able to use +2w, +2m, and +2y.

- Carsten

- Carsten