Re: [Orgmode] depending TODOs, scheduling following TODOs automatically

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] depending TODOs, scheduling following TODOs automatically
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 21:01:03 -0500

I love this discussion on properties for dependencies, but does anyone
have a suggestion on how to visualize it?

After you setup all these triggers, you still need a central place to
view the overview and steps involved (I'm thinking project management
specifically).

My most common use of org is project management, with one org file per
project, and there are always distinct phases for primary headers
(Client, Overview, Inventory, Implementation, Documentation,
Timecard). Often, the order subitems need to be accomplished in is
different than the order of the outline.

Part of the original properties discussion revolved around project
management, dependencies, DURATION, and the ability to see a timeline
based on relative duration instead of schedule.

Would an updated agenda view suffice? Would we need a way to link to
items and manually maintain order? Will our heros finally subdue the
evil Dr. Klan? Will the mysterious Gantt chart ever emerge?

Thanks!

Russell Adams                            address@hidden