Re: [Orgmode] depending TODOs, scheduling following TODOs automatically

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] depending TODOs, scheduling following TODOs automatically
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 15:12:23 -0500

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 09:48:28PM +0200, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> On Oct 8, 2007, at 15:52, Russell Adams wrote:
>
> >I know I'm replying to myself, but I had an idea.
> >
> >If a link could show the state of a linked TODO, that would make for a
> >good visualization. I could then follow the link and just adjust my
> >order to account for dependencies. It sounds like a more "permanent"
> >agenda view that you could edit to get the right order.
> >
> >Ie:
> >
> >* Things to do in reverse order
> >** TODO One
> >** TODO Two
> >** TODO Three
> >
> >* Implementation Order
> >
> > TODO Three
> > TODO Two
> > TODO One
>
> I don't know what others think, but I did not understand a single word
> of this message :-)  Could you please be a bit more verbose?
>
> - Carsten

I don't use links often... If I could have a link to another TODO
item, but have the visible portion of the link display the status of
the target TODO item.

Ie:

* Things to do in reverse order
** TODO One
** TODO Two
** DONE Three

* Implementation Order

 [[file:..*Three][DONE Three]]
 [[file:..*Two][TODO Two]]
 [[file:..*One][TODO One]]

This way I can follow the link from the implementation order to the
right todo item, the part that is missing is an automated state update
regarding the TODO linked to.

Better? ;]

Russell

Russell Adams                            address@hidden