[Orgmode] Re: diary in agenda

From: Christian Egli
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: diary in agenda
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 23:12:07 +0200

Hi

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Christian Egli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hm, I followed my own advice and set *-holidays to nil, but the
>> holidays still show up in the agenda (so I guess you cannot disable
>> holidays by tweaking these cars). Have to study the code some more
>> as to how to get rid of these holiday entries in the agenda.
>
> Thursday   4 October 2007
>   Holiday:    Shemini Atzeret
>   Diary:      Shemini Atzeret
>
> The strange thing here is the "Holiday:" line.
>
> AFAIK, all diary entries that Org adds fall in the "Diary" category.
> Please tell us about the solution when you find it!

Don't know about the Holiday line. I think that was the OPs
problem. My issue is that I want to see the diary entries in my agenda
without the holidays (such as e.g. Shemini Atzeret). As I found out
setting {christian|hebrew|islamic|etc}-holidays to nil doesn't help.

Some more digging in org.el, calendar.el and holidays.el revealed that
you can either disable the display of holidays altogether in your
agenda or only show specific holidays. For the former set
holidays-in-diary-buffer to nil and for the latter customize
calendar-holidays.

HTH
Christian